One thing that really seals the deal for me with DIYs is their level of ease….and how much it costs to make ‘em…okay so two things.
Not only is this treatment easy to make but you can find all of the ingredients at your local grocery store, if you don’t already have them lying around the kitchen.How to make your own coffee cellulite scrub.
All you need is:
- 1/2 cup of ground Coffee
- 1 tablespoon of white Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Glycerin - I like this one
- 2 teaspoons of Vitamin E Oil – I use the capsules
Because the amount of toxins in your body plays a part in how severe your cellulite looks, you need the caffeine and antioxidants found in Coffee to get rid of the free radicals, stimulate blood flow, and improve circulation.
Ultimately this helps to smooth out the build up of fatty tissue while also firming and tightening the skin.
Sugar, on the other hand, acts as an additional exfoliant that will open and clear out your pores, allowing them to absorb the ingredients more easily.
Finally, the Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil helps to restore moisture to your skin and keep it hydrated as the caffeine content may cause slight dehydration.
These oils are also packed full of healthy fats that help to protect your skin cells, and give your skin an additional antioxidant punch.
Once you have your ingredients rounded up, the process is simple:
- have a hot shower to help open up your pores
- combine all your ingredients in a medium-size bowl
- stir your mixture until evenly combined
- using your hands, apply your scrub only to the areas you have cellulite
- scrub your skin as hard as you can for 5 minutes and do not rinse off
- using plastic wrap (or saran wrap), wrap the areas you have applied your scrub
- leave those parts wrapped up for 10 minutes
- after your 10 minutes are up, remove the plastic wrap and rinse off but do not use soap
- apply your favourite moisturizer
After the redness on your skin calms down you should notice those areas looking smoother and eventually your dimples should start to fade away but remember, a healthy diet and regular exercise has to become a part of your lifestyle if you really want that cellulite to stay away!